Welcome To The Challenger Band Page
Welcome 5th Grade Challenger Parents,
We are excited to kick off the 2017 school year here at Challenger Intermediate school! Our Instrumental Music Staff has been enjoying our time with the 5th grade students and welcome their excitement for Band and Orchestra. We have attached two documents that will help answer any questions you may have about beginning Band/Orchestra. If you feel like we have missed anything feel free to email myself Dane Danielsen firstname.lastname@example.org and we help in any way we can.
A few important reminders:
- Instrument Display Night August is Aug. 22nd from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. This is a come and go event, and is not required but we will have 3 music stores here at Challenger with all the required supplies needed for both Band/Orchestra. Instruments will be available for rent and purchase.
- Percussion Auditions are Monday Aug. 21st after school. If you are unable to pick your child up after school at 3:40 I will be available for percussion auditions at Instrument Display Night from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Dane Danielsen email@example.com
Kim Pfeiffer firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Morrison email@example.com
What to Bring to Class!
- Band Book & Binder (Name on both!)
- Cleaning supplies, valve oil, reeds (minimum of 3)
- A wonderful smile!
What to do at Home!
- reccomended 10 minutes of practice a day
- Folding Music Stand at home
- Bring instruments to school on Band Day
5th Grade Schedule
Tuesday, Thursday, every other Friday
6th Grade Schedule
Monday, Wednesday, every other Friday
Mr. Morrison and I would like to thank you for your support in your child's Music Education. We hope this year gives our students a wonderful set of skills along with memories that last a lifetime.
Director of Bands
Goddard High School
Challenger Intermediate School